13 September 2012

T'Pol's Breasts: Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2004)

An alien Empire waistline, or just silliness?
What is up with T'Pol's breasts? I mean, do Vulcans really need breasts that big? What is the biological sense behind that? How can they not have some emotion around those things?

I am sure I will have lots of comments on the production-side for why they might have thought this look was a good idea later, but right now I am still just shocked.

I have been watching episodes 18 ("Azati Prime") and 19 ("Damage") of season 3 (or episodes 70 and 71) to get a look at the Enterprise NCC 1701-J (a time ship) and, wow, this series is much more horrible than I remember.

The ship gets blown all to hell and there is some pretty good modeling there, I must say, which visually mimics Archer's beating. All that works, but Archer turning space-pirate to steal a warp coil from a friendly race that they have just met and helped is almost as ludicrous as T'pol injecting an ore into her bloodstream to have feelings. No, wait. Now she is already addicted to the ore so she needs to keep injecting it to control her feelings.

The shower sex dream she has is kind of hot. Almost kind of. And though Commander Tucker is not my style and I still am wondering how they held that sexual tension from season one where in the first episode her and Tucker are rubbing each other down. And why is she now acting like she is in love with Archer? Or is that just me?

Gack! I am glad I am going to be writing about the ships and not the plots.

5 comments: